- The nutrients you get from food in particular, plant-based foods like fruits, vegetables, herbs, and spices are essential to keeping your immune system functioning properly activeherbz.
- In one study published February 2013 in the Journal of Infectious Diseases , mice who ate a diet consisting of only 2 percent protein were more severely impacted by the flu than mice who ate a “normal protein” diet with 18 percent protein.
- Behavioral Sleep Medicine found that compared with healthy young adults who did not have sleep problems, otherwise healthy young adults with insomnia were more susceptible to the flu even after getting vaccinated.
- lowers your risk of developing chronic diseases (like obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease), as well as viral and bacterial infections, according to a review in Frontiers in Immunology in April 2018 .
- Spending time in nature has been shown to support mood, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, and support immune system health,
- Chronic conditions like asthma , heart disease , and diabetes can affect the immune system and increase risk of infections.
What you should eat to boost immunity
Now let’s talk about what you should be putting on your plate to help boost your immune system. If you’re putting together your grocery list right now, I’d recommend you stock it with: activeherbz
- Root vegetables (like sweet potatoes, potatoes, beets, and carrots)
- Bone broth
- Brussels sprouts
- Leafy greens (like spinach, kale, Swiss chard, and collards)
- Lemons and limes